Montessori Academy at Spring Valley
36605 Pacific Highway South - Federal Way, WA 98003
Montessori Academy at Spring Valley provides a solid, balanced program for Toddlers through 8th grade (ages 2½ - 14).
Montessori Academy offers a low student to teacher ratio, providing each child the individual help and instruction necessary to learn and succeed in the classroom and in life. Classrooms may have from 1 to 3 teachers depending on classroom size, and the age of the students in the classroom.
- Mathematics is taught using the proven concrete Montessori materials. Students learn abstract concepts through concrete work.
- Science is explored through a hands-on approach, as well as in our natural environment, making it fun and exciting!
- Social sciences are taught to broaden the horizon of your child's understanding of the world cultures, ethnicity, and diversity.
- Language work includes: reading, writing, spelling, creative writing, and grammar.
- Arts and music provide stimulation for creativity and imagination.
- Practical Life activities prepare children for life.
All subjects are enriched by concrete Montessori materials. The goal is to instill good citizenship values through practical life, grace, courtesy, social, and communication skills.